Monday 8 June 2009

Guardian Angel- work in progress

Hi,

I know I didn't post for a while, but I was very busy lately.
On one hand I'm just taking one of Monica Zuniga workshops on http://handsandheart.ning.com/. The workshop is absolutely fantastic and Monica is an amazing artist and a wonderful teacher! Have a look on the website and, believe me, you will not be disapointed!
On the other hand, I discovered recently a fabulous art book called Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts, an incredibly tallented artist! The book is definitely a must have for any artist! If you didn't hear yet about the book or about Kelly and her wonderful artistic journey, then maybe it's worthwhile to have a look at her beautiful blog http://www.kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com/, or at http://takingflight.ning.com/, an artist group which defines itself as "A group to share our journey through mixed media artist Kelly Rae Roberts' amazing book Taking Flight."
I started working, inspired by the very interesting techniques discovered in this challenging book and here is my, unfinished yet, mixed media on wood called Guardian Angel.




Thank you for your visit,
Hugs,
Sanda xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sanda, wow, love your painting, isn't she adorable. The background is awesome also. Lovely to see you back and creating beautiful art again!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi Sanda, I love your blog! It is no accident that I too have Kelly Rae's book in my bag right now. I take it with me everywhere these days... Am excited to see more of your art!

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Sanda! She is coming out so lovely! Your background is fabulous! It's always fun learning and using new techniques. Can't wait to see her finished! Her face is already precious!

Thanks for coming to visit! I really appreciate your sweet comment! I love that my painting has touched you in a special way! God Bless you too!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

reagan said...

She is going to be lovely!

Esther said...

hoooooo!! very sweet!!! marvelous!!